SOLD in Historic Annapolis! 164 Conduit Street (aka John Callahan House) was successfully listed & sold by RossoCRE. John Callahan House, known previously as Pinkney-Callahan House when it was located on St. John Street, is a historic property, currently used as professional offices. The brick property was constructed by John Callahan (c. 1754-1803), a prominent and wealthy Annapolitan who served as the Register of the Western Shore Land Office between 1778 and 1803.
The property has been MOVED TWICE in efforts to prevent its demolition. In 1900, the house was sold to the State of Maryland and in 1091 it was relocated to St. John’s Street to make way for the building of the State Court of Appeals building…and then, it was moved AGAIN to its present site on Conduit Street in 1972. SEE PHOTOS… It was literally ROLLED DOWN MAIN STREET!!
Our clients owned the property for the last 20 years, and when they decided it was time to sell, they hired our firm to handle the transaction on their behalf. The property was put under contract within 30 days of listing, and successfully sold this month by RossoCRE.